The Canberra Cyber Hub and Austrade invite Canberra cyber companies to participate in the Australian delegation to the UK during the International Cyber Expo 2022 in London.
Austrade will play a lead role in organising your visit to the UK during the International Cyber Expo 2022 and the sector-focused in-market program to allow the generation of local contacts and networks.
The Canberra Cyber Hub will provide a $5,000 subsidy* to Canberra and Region cyber SMEs accepted by Austrade for participation in the program.
Applications close on 10 August 2022.
The visit program has been designed to support companies on the delegation to maximise their time in market and will be delivered jointly with Austrade partner, HdE.
The program will include the following elements:
- Day 1 will provide an overview of the UK Cyber Security ecosystem and introduce main regional clusters and innovation centres.
- Day 2 will be dedicated to visiting the International Cyber Expo 2022 and matchmaking.
- Day 3 will be delivered in collaboration with the UK’s leading technology trade association. It will focus on running a seminar to promote Australia’s cyber security capabilities followed by matchmaking with techUK members. With around 900 members across the UK, techUK creates a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy and the planet. Their member companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups.
- Day 4 will see a visit to Manchester as one of the main cyber security clusters and will involve meeting innovation labs, incubators and matchmaking.
Australian businesses interested in participating:
- Companies must be market ready and have a go-to-market strategy for the UK. The UK market is very sophisticated, mature and heavily competitive. Especially if you want to work with larger companies, you need to have done your homework and be ready to present the value of your solutions.
- Must have a flexible ‘go to market’ mindset. The vertical where you have successfully targeted so far in Australia, or another market, may not be your best bet here.
- Must be ready and able to dedicate sufficient resource to this market. This means enough ‘runway’ to give the strategy time to be effective and to analyse diverse opportunities.
- Companies attending are responsible for making their own travel arrangements, including airfares, accommodation, visas, etc.
- Advise Austrade if a company representative(s) will attend.
For more information on exporting to and setting up in the UK please visit: Market insights for exporting fintech to United Kingdom (business.gov.au) or Market profile – United Kingdom – For Australian exporters - Austrade.
*For successful applicants to receive the $5,000 subsidy from the Canberra Cyber Hub, applicants must provide a copy of their Austrade acceptance letter to firstname.lastname@example.org