Are you highly motivated and energetic with a friendly and positive attitude?
The Canberra Cyber Hub is looking to appoint an Event Coordinator to join our team to grow Canberra's already thriving cyber ecosystem
The mission of the Canberra Cyber Hub is to advance the cyber ecosystem in Australia, particularly in Canberra by:
- Creating an environment in Canberra in which cyber security businesses have the best opportunity to thrive;
- Maximising opportunities for meaningful engagement between cyber security business and potential customers;
- Growing of skilled workforce (both quantity and quality);
- Generating increased student demand for education and training programs;
- Facilitating high-quality collaborative research by maximising opportunities for engagement among providers and consumers of research; and
- Amplifying the external communications of Canberra’s cyber ecosystem.
The Event Coordinator contributes to the delivery against the Canberra Cyber Hub’s mission through delivery of programs and activities aimed at advancing the cyber ecosystem in Canberra.
- Manage event operational requirements including planning, venue selection and liaison, catering, speakers, audio visual, run sheets and Eventbrite listings etc for Canberra Cyber Hub events and networking functions.
- Work in close collaboration with the Canberra Cyber Hub team to coordinate and manage activities to ensure the high quality and successful delivery of Canberra Cyber Hub events.
- Provide secretariat support to Director-led working group meetings, including developing meeting papers, capturing key outputs, drafting meeting notes and progressing the delivery of action items.
- Build relationships with the Canberra cyber ecosystem and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in event management, event operations, procurement and contract management. With high level commercial and negotiation skills and ability to manage budgets and resources.
- A history of developing productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, and a demonstrated ability to assist with planning, prioritisation, co-ordination and delivery in a busy business environment.
- High level oral and written communication skills and ability to prepare meeting papers and capture high level key outputs.
- Enthusiastic with a strong capacity to show initiative and be proactive.
Qualifications in event management, project management, business management or a related field is highly desirable.
Out-of-hours business work may be required to attend / deliver events from time to time. Interstate travel may also be required at times.
Ethics & Values
Acts ethically; earns trust; promotes social responsibility; promotes environmental responsibility.
Planning & Organising
Sets objectives; plans ahead; uses time efficiently; manages resources; maintains documentation.
Builds rapport; creates a positive impression; adapts interpersonal style; maintains good working relationships; offers help; builds and maintains networks; develops cross-functional awareness; manages conflict.
Attends to multiple tasks; stays focussed; shows commitment to the organisation.
Understands written information; writes with clarity; writes in an engaging style.
Applying Expertise & Technology
Applies functional expertise; communicates using technology; operates job related technology.
Our Organisational How’s / Values
Key aspects of the culture of the Canberra Cyber Hub will be:
- Ambition: driving outcomes;
- Innovation: driving growth and change in the sector;
- Openness that is respectful of the need for security;
- Respect; and
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the position description.
Expressions of interest to include:
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
- Curriculum Vitae.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
How to apply:
Email your application to email@example.com by 5pm Canberra time on Wednesday 31 May 2023, however we may appoint a successful candidate before this date.